Welcome to BEN's Attic – University of Pennsylvania’s Surplus Property Exchange
Purchasing Services welcomes you to BEN's Attic, the online exchange for surplus
Penn property with an easy and
way to find a new use for items
that are no longer needed (equipment, furniture and supplies) by your department.
The creation of this site is in response to the customer requests and in support
of the University's Climate Action Plan.
- This site is for departmental use only. No personal purchases are allowed.
- Usage of Ben’s Attic to list items for sale and /or purchase items is open to all Penn faculty
and staff with a PennKey. Note: you will be prompted to enter the name of your Business Administrator
when posting items for sale or making purchases.
- First time users will automatically be registered as a “Browser” within the system. If you have
previously been registered as a “Group Administrator” you will automatically become a “Buyer/Seller”
in the new release of Ben’s Attic. If you are currently a “Browser” you must register as a “Buyer/Seller”
in order to suggest a listing or make a purchase.
- Please follow all policies defining the use of this application.
- Potential buyers should call and make an appointment with the seller before going
to view an item
- Buyers and sellers are encouraged to work together to facilitate transportation
of purchased items.
- Sellers who have an immediate need to have an item(s) removed from their area by
a certain date should put that information into the item description. Ben’s Attic
will do whatever it can to communicate that information to the buyer population.
This will be permanently deleted, are you sure you want to delete?